Rob demonstrates how to swap the ash pan from a Char-Griller Acorn Auto-Kamado to a regular Acorn during a power outage. He also cooks beef short ribs using Uncle Steve’s shake seasoning. Rob shows that the ash pan swap is possible, allowing you to continue cooking if the power goes out. The cook goes smoothly, and the ribs turn out delicious.
- 🔥 Rob explores the possibility of swapping the ash pan from an Acorn Auto-Kamado to a regular Acorn during a power outage.
- 🥩 He prepares and cooks beef short ribs using Uncle Steve’s shake seasoning.
- 🌡️ Demonstrates the use of a metal heat deflector and the fan flap to maintain temperature.
- ⚡ Rob simulates a power outage to test the ash pan swap, and it successfully fits.
- 📏 Provides tips on handling hot coals and suggests having an extra ash pan ready.
- 🍖 The beef short ribs are cooked at 250°F for about four to four and a half hours, resulting in a delicious meal.
- 🧤 Emphasizes the importance of safety when dealing with hot grills and ashes during the swap.