Rob demonstrates a hack for achieving two-zone cooking on a kamado grill, specifically the Akorn. He discusses the challenges of traditional two-zone cooking on a kamado grill and introduces a method using charcoal baskets and a 17-inch grate. Rob sears a Tomahawk Steak using this setup, achieving a hot side and a warm side for precise cooking. He shares his preference for a simple salt and pepper seasoning and provides links for the necessary equipment.
- Rob demonstrates a two-zone cooking hack for kamado grills, focusing on the Akorn model.
- He addresses the limitations of traditional two-zone cooking on kamado grills.
- Rob uses charcoal baskets and a 17-inch grate to create a hot side and a warm side for cooking.
- The video showcases the reverse searing of a Tomahawk Steak for a flavorful result.
- Rob prefers a simple salt and pepper seasoning for the steak.
- He provides links for the required equipment, including the 17-inch grate and Weber charcoal baskets.