Tonight I made some THICK NY Strip steaks along with shrimp and asparagus on my Char-Griller #Akorn kamado.
You want to cook your steak first, then the shrimp and asparagus while the steak is resting.
– NY Strip steaks
– Raw shrimp
– Salt & Pepper
– 2 Lemons
– Minced garlic
– Olive oil
– Shrimp seasoning (we used Uncle Steve’s Shake – gator shake)
– Pat your steak dry and cover with a thin coat of olive oil
– Cover all sides with some salt and pepper
– Let the steak sit on the counter while you get the shrimp and asparagus ready
– Peel the shrimp – place on skewers and cover with your favorite seasoning
– Cut the woody portion off the bottom of the asparagus, coat with oil and season with salt, pepper, minced garlic. Squeeze some lemon juice over
– Bring your grill up to 500F and place your steaks on there – no diffuser plate.
– After 2 minutes, twist 45 degrees
– After 2 minutes, flip
– After 2 minutes twist 45 degrees
– After 2 minutes temp probe and let cook until 130F internal for medium rare
– Pull steak and let it rest room temp while you cook your shrimp and asparagus
– With grill still at 500F, place shrimp skewers on grill
– Place asparagus directly on grill as well – single file if possible
– Keep an eye on these – flip the shrimp after about 3 minutes and move the asparagus around.
– Cook until desired doneness – shrimp should be 145F if you would like to be safe.