Tonight we made some Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers on the Char-Griller Flat Iron Griddle.
– 1 lb 80/20 Ground Beef
– 1 Large Sweet Onion
– 4 Slices American Cheese
– 4 Potato Rolls
– Yellow Mustard
– Salt & Pepper
1. Slice the onions as thin as you can – translucent
2. Make 4 balls from your ground beef – approx 3 oz each
3. Over high heat, place ground beef balls on griddle
4. Put a healthy helping of sliced onions on each ball
5. Flatten them like you are making smash burgers – use parchment paper to keep from sticking
6. Once you see some browning on the edges flip over – onions and all
7. Smash those guys down again
8. Place 1 slice of american cheese on each patty
9. Place the lid of the bun on the cheese – this will let the rolls take in some of the meat/onion goodness. Lean the bottom rolls up against each patty.
10. Once the cheese is melted, remove from heat
11. Add 3-4 pickles on each burger and some yellow mustard.