These tasty shotgun shells are perfect for that gameday appetizer! Grilled them on my @Char-Griller Gravity 980.
The rub I used was @Uncle Steve’s Shake ‘Lucky Shake’ – you need to try it!!
– 1 lb ground beef
– 1 lb Italian sausage
– 2 cups shredded cheese
– 1 pack of regular cut bacon
– 1 box of manicotti shells
– Your favorite seasoning
– Your favorite bbq sauce
– Mix ground beef, sausage & cheese in a bowl
– Season with your favorite bbq rub
– Stuff the manicotti shells with mixture
– Wrap each shell with 1 piece of bacon
– Season outside / bacon with bbq rub
– Let sit in fridge at least 4 hours to soften the shells
– Fire up grill to 300F
– Smoke/Grill for 1hr until internal temp is north of 165F
– Apply bbq sauce and let tacky-up for about 5-10 minutes
– Remove from grill and enjoy!